Thursday, October 14, 2010

Welcome to Andre the Half-Demon EMT


1. Hi, please tell us a little bit about yourself.
My name is Andre, and I’m a half-demon EMT. What a combination, right? But being half-demon means I’m half evil, and no matter how hard I try to make up for it, I’ll always have an evil side. If being half-human has taught me anything, it’s that demons shouldn’t be allowed to walk the earth. They should be burning in Hell where they belong. So I’ve made it my personal quest to seek out every demon I can and banish them all. I have to make up for who I am somehow.

2. Where are you from?
Hell. Well, sort of. I was born in Italy in 1546. That’s where my mother lived. Until she died giving birth to me. Human women aren’t made to carry demon babies. So my father raised me, if you could call it that.

3. Do you find that people expect you to be bad all the time, being a demon?
Not at all. But that’s only because no humans know what I am. Except for Miranda. She only sees the good in me, and I hope that’s all she’ll ever see.

4. Who, I mean what’s your favorite snack?
Twizzlers. I love the taste of sugary plastic!

5. How did you meet your author?
She was filling in for a coworker who was taking a break. She started daydreaming, and I popped into her head. My story started flowing out, and she wrote it on the back of a calendar with a half-sharpened pencil. I was so insistent; she didn’t have a choice but to tell my story.

6. Do you find her easy to work with?
Of course. She may have created me, but she lets me call all the shots in the story.

7. How can readers contact you or buy your book?
You can reach me by emailing my author at carrie.pulkinen@hotmail.com
My book will be available at breathlesspress.com on October 8th.

8. Anything you’d like to add?
Just that I try my hardest to be a good person. I save as many humans as I can with the magic I possess, and I try not to let anything get in the way of my quest. Except for Miranda. I can’t get that woman out of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment