Friday, October 1, 2010

Lord Benton Richards, English Earl and Werewolf, one of the stars of The Demon's Princess




1. Hi, please tell us a little bit about yourself.

My name is Benton Richards. Well, technically, it’s Lord Benton Richards. I’m an English Earl, but I honestly don’t care about the title.

2. Have you encountered prejudice from other shifters?

I don’t really know any other ones, except my brother. It’s a family curse, and if there are others out there, they’ve kept to themselves. I know a demon though, and he has a tendency to use derogatory names for me. Apparently he doesn’t like werewolves.

3. What’s the greatest challenge to being a werewolf?

Getting a date. Seriously though, do you know how hard it is to have a relationship with someone without them knowing you turn furry every time the moon is full? It’s not exactly easy, and it isn’t easy to keep something like that a secret. Thankfully, I met the greatest girl who accepts me for I am, and we’re engaged to be married.

4. Do you have any beauty tips to share?

Um, no. I’m not really a beauty kind of guy. But if you want to know what I look for in a mate, I prefer someone with natural beauty. A girl who puts on a lot of make-up and just has to have the latest fashions, only to toss them out a few months later, is not the kind of girl for me.

5. Who, I mean what’s your favorite snack?

Actually, I enjoy eating pasta. But when I’m on my wolf form, I have a tendency to chase rabbits. Typical dog behavior I suppose.

6. How does the moon affect you?

Well, it makes me change into a wolf the moment it gets dark outside. Of course, when the sun comes up, I change back to a human (until its dark again). I’m usually a wolf for at least 3 nights a month. The shift isn’t painful, unlike the books say. It’s just natural, something I was born with.

7. How did you meet your author?

Would you believe me if I said at Starbucks? She has a thing for white mochas and practically lives there.

8. What’s she like?

Well, she seems to really get me, you know? And when I’m talking, she just let’s me finish whatever I have to say without interrupting. It isn’t like she tries to contain me or anything, I just get to be myself.
Her humor seems to be mostly of the sarcastic variety, but that’s okay, I’m used to it. But she’s open with me, doesn’t hold anything back. I get the feeling she’s like that with everyone. And she’s brutally honest, which be both a blessing and a curse.

9. Does she run around with other characters?

Yeah, she hangs with those wolves from Ashton Grove and Windsor, but that’s okay. It gives me more time with my Lucinda. I hear she may be hanging with some ghosts and vampires at the moment though, and I’m not sure how I feel about that. Werewolves don’t exactly like vampires. Even worse, there’s this fairy named Eric that I can’t seem to get rid of. No matter how much I snap and snarl he just keeps coming back to her.

10. Anything you’d like to add?

Yeah, if you want to hear me about me and my Lucinda, and that pesky demon, be sure to pick up a copy of The Demon’s Princess on October 26th in both e-book and trade paperback. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment