Thursday, August 19, 2010
Please Welcome Sandy Sullivan
1. Tell us your latest news - I'm working on a story I'm going to pitch to Harlequin/Silhouette at the Central Ohio Fiction Writers Conference on 10/1-10/2. By December of this year, I will have had a release every month since December of 2009.
2. What initially inspired you to become an author? I've always loved reading romance novels and always wanted to write one. I wrote one a couple of years ago and a couple of people told me it should be published so out it went.
3. What is your favorite book? And Why? I have way too many that I love to ever pick just one.
4. Do you have a particular time of day to write? We love to hear about a writer’s process. I try to write in the early morning because I seem to be more productive during the early hours. I get more brain fogged as the day goes on.
5. What do you find to be the most difficult part of writing? Not starting new projects! I seem to get new ideas and then don't finish the one I'm working on.
6. Do you have a favorite author? Mmm…not really. I read anything that catches my fancy, but I do like Lily Grayson, Tonya Ramagos, Jude Deveraux, Susan Wiggs and so many others.
7. Tell us about your first published work. My first published piece by a regular publisher is Cowboy Love. It's about a young woman who is a registered nurse and she's been in a rough relationship with a bull-rider who tends to be heavy handed. She breaks it off with him and her friend convinces her to go out to Brenham Texas for a long weekend to visit the friend's parents on their ranch. The heroine also rides rodeo and grew up on a farm. She meets her friend's neighbor the next morning when she hears him cussing and raising hell while he's trying to break a mare. The heroine has also been taught by her father to tame horses with little more than a gentle hand and kind words. When the two of them meet again in the bar that night, sparks fly, but she has to go home in a few days.
8. Do you have a favorite of your own works? To me, my favorite is always the one I'm working on at the time. The hero and heroine are so real to me, it's like living their lives through the words on the paper.
9. Where can our readers find you on the web? www.romancestorytime.com, www.sandysullivanauthor.blogspot.com, http://twitter.com/sandys37 http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sandy-Sullivan/120827420748?ref=nf
10. Where can they buy your books? www.bookstrand.com/sandy-sullivan
11. Anything you would like to add? I love to hear from my readers so visit my website and email me if you'd like. I'm also going to be at the Central Ohio Fiction Writers Conference on 10/1-10/2. Come on by and see me.
Melissa Gordon, CEO. Her dream job. No man can compete. Until one hunky construction worker shows her what a real man can do, with a voice that can melt butter and hands that drive her crazy. When he opens her eyes to the world of BDSM and takes control, she can’t help but want to see what else he knows how to do.
Andrew Novak’s on a mission. Help his sister at any cost, even his heart. Someone else is controlling his movements. He doesn’t want to use the beautiful woman and head of Marshall Enterprises, but he doesn’t have a choice. She stands in his way.
Lissa. Just her name drives him to distraction and past reason. One night in her arms isn’t enough—will never be enough—but when she finds out what he’s done, she’ll never forgive him.